One year after the release of the GoPro HERO7 Black and a couple of months after the launch of the DJI Osmo Action, GoPro is back with loads of new products: the GoPro HERO8 Black, a couple of modular accessories called Mods, and the GoPro MAX that replaces the GoPro Fusion. Let’s take a closer look at all these new products for action lovers!
GoPro HERO8 Black – If It Works, Don’t Fix It
The GoPro HERO8 Black replaces the previous HERO7 Black. Let’s start with the exterior design because there is not a massive difference between the two:
- The HERO8 Black measures 66.3mm x 48.6mm x 28.4mm, whereas the HERO7 is 62.3mm x 44.9mm x 33mm.
- The HERO8 Black weighs 126 grams, which is 10 grams heavier than the previous version.
- You don’t need a frame to attach your HERO8 Black to all existing GoPro mounts. Instead, the two swapping mounts are now built-in at the bottom of the action camera. They are retractable, so you can fold them if you don’t need to attach your camera to an accessory.
- The lens cover is slimmer and is equipped with Corning Gorilla Glass which, according to GoPro, is “two times more impact resistant than previous models.” Gorilla Glass is the same type of glass that is used on iPhones.
- There is no HDMI port on the HERO8 Black.