Blackmagic Design is continuously working hard to improve its BMPCC 4K and BMPCC 6K video cameras, and they now released a new firmware update: Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.6. This update unlocks a couple of new recording modes, a built-in camera horizon tool, improvements to the autofocus performances, and many other features. Let’s take a closer look at it!
Image credit: Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.6
Blackmagic Design has now announced a new firmware update for its BMPCC 4K and 6K models called Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.6. This firmware update improves a lot of features on both Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras including:
- Added support for Blackmagic Pocket Battery Grip. The Battery Grip was announced during NAB 2019, and support up to two Sony NP-F style batteries for extended battery life.
- Added support for language localization.
- Added support for built-in camera horizon tool. This feature is useful for making sure your camera is perfectly level.
- Added support for pinch to zoom up to 8x magnification.
- USB PTP control support.
- You now can type in customized frame guide ratios; you have no limit anymore to the built-in ones.
- It has improved autofocus performance.