Please click link below to read the fill article at PetaPixel.com
Other NR software tend to strike a good balance between processing speed and quality. By contrast, DeNoise focuses entirely on the quality of the results you get. (The trade-off is that it takes longer to process an image in order to get better results.) For example, notice below that the books stay sharp and that there’s no soft edges or smudged details:
This technology makes DeNoise useful for “tough” cases of image noise. It can save photos that photographers might otherwise throw away.
By the way, I have found that Denoise is very useful for a technique I call “Targeted Nois Reduction”.Sometimes I find an area in an image where the noise bugs me while the rest of the image looks fine. I’ll give you an example:
If I am preparing an image for a big enlargement sometimes the sky will be too textured for my taste. When was the last time you looked up into a blue sky and saw noise or grain?
Anyway, I will select the sky in a case like this, put it on a separate layer and run DeNoise. What makes this so effective is that DeNoise will knock out the texture and then I can use the grain slider to add just a bit of much finer grain back into that area. It is usually a dramatic improvement. Adding that tiny bit of grain will help avoid banding and keep the image looking “Organic”.
DeNoise is great, but don’t take my word for it. Download the free trial and see for yourself!
The 50% coupon code is: mardenoise
Read full details at the link below:
HDR. It used to be a photographic technique reserved for those fluent in Photoshop. Now, it’s a go-to filter in every point-and-shoot and app. For this week’s Shooting Challenge, we’ll celebrate this democratization of the art form and all shoot in High Dynamic Range.
Read the full article at the link above.
“If only the highest-end DSLR will do for you, you’ll be happy to know there’s a new flagship full-frame Nikon camera at the top of DSLR mountain. The newly announced Nikon D4S is a successor to the venerable D4, and comes with a host of improvements, including better autofocus capabilities, enhanced low-light shooting, and speedier data handling.
While the two cameras have the same megapixel count and sensor size — a 16.2-megapixel full-frame (FX format) imager — the sensor tucked inside the D4S is a newly developed chip, and the camera offers a newer image processor in the form of Nikon’s Expeed 4.”
Submit Your Best HDR Images And Win A $500 B&H Gift Card!
No matter your skill level, it’s time to submit your favorite HDR images to the2014 Unified Color HDR PhotoContest. It’s simple. Pick out your best HDR images, re-size them to 72 ppi in .jpg or .bef format (no wider than 1,200 pixels) and email them to us. It’s that easy!
We will accept images for just 38 days and the winners will be announced on April 22, 2014 so you don’t have wait months to see how you did. There will be one grand-prize winner who receives a $500 Gift Card to B&H Photo. There will also be two Honorable Mention winners who will receive $100 B&H gift cards
To see the complete contest rules click here.
To check out the winners or our 2013 contest go here
Who can enter?
- Anyone with a legal residence in the United States or Canada can enter.*
How do I enter?
- Just choose your favorite HDR images and resize them to 72 ppi at a width no wider than 1,200 pixels in .jpg or .bef format.
Email your entries to us at email@example.com.
The body of your entry email must include your name and current email address and it must state “I have read and accept the contest rules”..
The entry must have been edited in HDR Expose 3, HDR Express 2 or 32 Float v3 at some point in it’s creation.
What are the prizes?
- There will be one over-all winner who will receive a $500 gift card to B&H Photo. There will also be two Honorable Mentions who will each win $100 gift cards to B&H Photo.
When can I submit my entries?
- Today. Right now! We will accept entries until midnight on Monday, March 31, 2014.
When will you announce the winners?
- We will announce the winners on or around Friday, April 11, 2014 on the Unified Color website and blog.
* Employees or vendors of Unified Color Technologies or their family members may not enter the contest
Using size-based technology, Topaz Simplify eliminates unwanted image features. By selectively removing unnecessary image details, Simplify not only helps you clean up your images, but also gives you the tools to create an original piece of art in just a few clicks. With Simplify, you can achieve a variety of creative art effects including watercolors, textured oil paintings, charcoal drawings, line art, and photorealistic paintings. Join Nichole Paschal, photographer and Topaz Marketing Specialist, as she introduces Topaz Simplify and demonstrates how to give your images a creative edge.
- Google+ Photos caters to pixel peepers and HDR fans
- Google+ scores HDR Scape and Zoom for photographs by Brittany Hillen
- NEW Photomatix Pro 5, Try it Free!
- Adjust Your Technique – Street Photography Tips John Free
- CES: Technicolor Taking on Dolby Vision With HDR Imaging System
- Behind the scenes with Dolby’s new HDR TV tech
- NASA | Earthrise: The 45th Anniversary
- HDR Expose 3 News
- Seitz Roundshot VR Drive introduction, Amazing New HDR Feature!
- Photomatix Pro 5 – Review of the new features, with Klaus Herrmann
- Update on Nik Coupon Code “HDR360pro”
- Bob Krist on the NEW Nikon Df
- Olympus OMD EM1 review
- Unified Color to add HDR pano processing in HDR Expose 3.1
- Grand Canyon HDR VR Tour with John Wesley Powell
- Cornell and Adobe create software that lets you adjust your lighting after the shoot ends, by Mike Tomkins
- Topaz Restyle Released with over 1000 presets!
- Getting the Right Light in an (HDR) Photo
- Unified Color Technology HDR Expose 3: Hands-On
- HDR Expose 3 & 32 Float v3 Released Today! Wow!
- New Camera Sensor 1000x More Sensitive Than Current Sensors
- Topaz Labs Releases New Plug-in, “Clarity”. Download Free NOW!
- New HDR Timelapse Camera from Brinno
- Sony HDR Exmor RS Sensor Update
- Massive HDR Gigapixel Pano of Manhattan Skyline by Jay Hirschfeld
- Russell Brown’s Top 5 Features in Photoshop CC
- Adobe Camera Raw 8 and Layer Support and New HDR Raw Editing
- Merge to 32-bit HDR Tutorial, by Joshua Gunther
- HDR Panorama Tutorial – Oloneo PhotoEngine & Autopano
- Jeepneys, Baguio City, Philippines, iPhone 5 HDR
- Haunted Diplomat Hotel
- Shine App for the Mac Released by Ohanaware!
- 80th NIKKOR Anniversary
- NIK HDR EFEX PRO 2
- Sony Exmor RS Layered HDR Sensor: The Future of HDR?
- Take Photo Projects Anywhere: Photoshop Touch on your Smartphone!
- New HDR App for the iPhone and iPad
- Introduction to the Mastering HDR Photography Workshop on DVD
- Apple Patents Method of Generation HDR Photos from Single Exposures
- HDR Teaser from Timedrops Media
- RED raw R3D import supported by Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6
- 360 degree HDR capture with the LizardQ panoramic camera!
- Disappearance of Darkness, new book by Robert Burley
- Single Image Processing In HDR Express 2
- Farbspiel photography: Fantastic HDR images and more
- The HDRI Handbook is real and coming soon
- HDR Express 2 Lightroom Plug-in Workflow
- Exclusive A99 DSLR Camera Tear Down: Sony Takes It Apart!
- HDR Express 2 Workflow with John Omvik!
- Adaptive Tone Mapping HDR Tutorial
- CrumplePop HDR for GoPro®
- Introducing HDR Express 2
- HDR Timelapse Tutorial
- HDR Tutorial by Manny using Lightroom 4 and Photomatix Pro 4.2
- Revamped DNG format shows new Lightroom “HDR” possibilities
- Google data Centers | Spectacular HDR Images!
- Black & White HDR On The Road In Spain – by Will Austin
- HDR Images: The Importance of Preserving Relative Luminosity Tones, by Ian Plant
- John Warner Professional HDR Photography Webinar!
- Sony’s New HDR Video Capable Sensors!
- 6mm f/2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor on a Nikon D800
- Using the Drama tool in HDR Efex Pro 2 to create style
- Capturing a High Dynamic Range (HDR) Image by Dan Hughes – Nik Software
- High Dynamic Range Panoramas with Promote Control by Artyom Kamshilin
- The Making of the Leica M9-P »Edition Hermès« – Série Limitée Jean-Louis Dumas
- NIK Releases HDR Efex Pro 2 Today!
- Paint FX 3.1 for iOS adds three new HDR Effects!
- Sony pumps $994 million into stacked CMOS to let smartphones record HDR Video
- H.D.R. Photography for the Realist by Roy Furchgott
- Kolor Autopano 3.0 includes new HDR Fusion Feature!
- HDR Tip #8 – Avoid Moving Objects by John Omvik
- Nikon D800 Review from Mike Perlman
- High Dynamic Range tip: Camera Raw 7.0 & HDR by Blake Rudis
- Import | Export, A Country in HDR, Timelapse by Peter Crees!
- PCWorld Review: Unified Color Technologies HDR Expose 2
- Best Free High Dynamic Range (HDR) Software
- Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D800 Comparison with Dave Dugdale
- Photomatix 4.2 Tutorial by Blake Rudis
- High Dynamic Range TVs Emerge into the Light
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Mario and Nette (original short film)
- Ohanaware, Developers of HDRtist Pro, update Photo Card software, Fun Greetings!
- Canon 5D Mark III Review: HDR modes with Chuck Westfall
- New iOS 5.1.1 Update Improves HDR Reliability and More
- Ginger HDR: Introduction
- Triggertrap Introduces iOS App/Hardware Combo To Remotely Activate Your Camera for HDR and Time-Lapse Capture!
- PhotographyTalk May 2012 Giveaway Features a Super Grand Prize of Nikon D800 DSLR Camera!
- Always Keep the Normal Photo When Shooting HDR on the iPhone
- HDR FX App Gains Common And Advanced Camera Options, Plus More
- Canon 5D Mark III sensor test underwhelms
- TriggerHappy Remote: Allows Canon DSLRs 9 brackets! Works with Nikon!
- Keep That Camera Steady! – For The Best HDR Photos by John Santoro
- Topaz Snapshot: A Touch of HDR Sketch by Topaz user: Jim McGinn
- Photography 101: HDR imaging explained by John Santoro
- HDR Photography Tutorial At Cambridge in Colour
- HDR Tip: Topaz DeNoise 5 and Sharpening with Blake Rudis
- Unified Color Announces Lightroom 4 Support
- Luminance HDR 2.2.1 Released!
- Photoshop CS6 Beta free download released
- Professional CompactFlash 1000x & SDXC/SDHC UHS-I 600x cards
- Collection of Beautiful HDR Photography
- John Omvik’s HDR Tip 6 – Always Shoot In RAW mode
- Canon 5D Mark III Review: HDR modes with Chuck Westfall
- Adobe Lightroom 4 Released, with $150 price drop!
- HDR Features | Nikon D800 and Canon 5D Mark III
- Joy Ride, a Film by Sandro & Joy Ride – Behind the Scenes | Nikon D800 Cinema
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III has been Announced!
- An Introduction and Showcase of HDR Photography
- FDRTools 2.6.0 Beta1 released!
- 500px.com! Great place to display your Photography!
- Nikon confirms 36.3 megapixel D800 DSLR! Wow!
- Creating HDR Photos with Richard Sisk
- HDR Panorama Photography with Richard Sisk Parts 1 and 2
- iPro Lens System for iPhone!
- HDR used properly is appropriate for photojournalism, says Unified Color’s Omvik
- Unified Color’s John Omvik on HDR Expose 2 and 32 Float 2
- Delicious and Refreshing HDR!
- Blazing Fast JumpDrive Triton Flash Drive!
- Varsity Theater HDR using HDR Expose 2!
- Canon unveils PowerShot G1 X, Large sensor, HDR mode, 1080 24p HD!
- Nikon D4 Announced Today
- Photomatix Pro Version 4 Review and Tutorial, by Rachael Towne
- HDR 1080p Coming Soon to the 5D Mark II
- Ginger HDR: HDR Tonemapping with After Effects!
- Magic Lantern HDR Video Christmas teaser!
- HDR News | FDRTools 2.5.0 released!
- New HDR engine from Oloneo
- New HDR Expose 2 and 32 Float 2 released today by Unified Color!
- Fun Greetings! A Fun New Way to Share your Photos!
- 12 Amazing HDR photography tutorials!
- HDR Homes – Pushing the envelope: Pro HDR Photography for Real Estate!
- The making of HDR panoramas by, Zsolt Zsigmond
- “HDR skies” by Tanguy Louvigny
- John Omvik Says – Shoot With Manual Settings
- Awesome HDR Infrared Photography by Toby Pocock
- Photoshop Tutorial – HDR Pro and Photomerge in CS5 by Laurence Grayson
- High Dynamic Range Photography
- The best apps to create High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos, by Beau Colburn
- Nik HDR Efex Pro, Coupon Code “HDR360pro”
- NaturalHDR Trailer!
- NEW Corel PaintShop Pro X4: Seeing the light – HDR Showreel!
- John Omvik’s HDR Tip 2 – Capture The Whole Range
- Down The HDR Rabbit Hole by Bob Krist
- HDR: From Capture To Post (Part 1) by, Rick Sammon
- New HDR Tips from John Omvik, VP Marketing at Unified Color
- A Technique For Photos Real and Surreal, by Roy Furchgott
- HDR image selected to inspire Ron Howard short film!
- New Photomatix Pro v4.1 Released!
- Merced River, Spring Morning, HDR!
- HDR Cookbook – The Making of “The Green Room” Bebenhausen Palace, Germany!
- Primer on Film and Digital Capture by Rob Hummel at Cine Gear Expo 2011
- New Oloneo PhotoEngine HDR Tutorial, with Blake Rudis
- New Oloneo PhotoEngine Review, by Blake Rudis of Everyday HDR!
- Concept Camera: The WVIL – Will it include HDR?
- Terry Eggers’ Sophisticated HDR photos – and way more, by John Santoro
- Using the iPhone to capture multiple exposures for HDR, by Sam Rowlands
- Buying a camera for HDR? Read this first!
- Local Hero Post: Red Epic HDRx Test
- Oloneo PhotoEngine v1.0 now available!
- NEW Topaz Lens Effects version 1.1, use code: “lenstastic” and save $30!
- iCamera HDR for iPhone
- Ohanaware Ltd releases HDRtist Pro 1.0.2 for Mac OS X!
- HDR Express Improves a Single Image – Another tip from: James Brandon!
- Ohanaware HDRtist Pro 1.0 Review
- 80 More Top-End HDR Photos, edited by Peter Sawyer
- Making of HDR “The Lexus On Broadway Avenue” | NYC Financial Center / Wall Street by, David Giral
- Camera Bracketing for HDR Photography tips (Photomatix), by Dom Bower
- Nik Software’s HDR Efex Pro; HDR Software For The Rest Of Us, by Joe Farace
- Creating High Dynamic Range Images in a Snap with HDR Express
- GigaPan EPIC Pro Gains New (HDR) Functions, by Ray Willington
- Introduction to Topaz DeNoise
- How to Create a Realistic HDR Image: A Simple and Fun Method to Create an HDR Image, without Photomatix, by Jacob Shultz
- The Art of HDR Photography Part 2, by Uwe Steinmueller
- Oloneo® PhotoEngine™, Review by, David Giral
- Oloneo® PhotoEngine™ v1.0 due May 31!
- Photomatix Tutorial: Fixing HDR Clouds, by Blake Rudis
- A Beginners Guide to HDR Travel Photography, by Gary Arndt
- New Oloneo beta Released Today!
- Getting started with HDRrtist Pro from Ohanaware! Discount code: “HDR360pro”
- Professional HDR Photography for Advertising, by Thoen & Associates!
- Exposing for HDR with John Omvik
- HDR Food Photography Tutorial, by Jason Watson
- HDRx with the new Red Epic Digital Cinema Camera
- HDR Tip – Need for a Good Black Point, by James Brandon
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to Give $10 Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami
- 5.6k, 32 bit, Saturn Cassini Photographic Animation, by STEPHEN VAN VUUREN
- Introduction to HDR Efex Pro
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Time Lapse Photography Tutorial, by Philip Panchenko
- Great new HDR Express Tutorial from John Omvik of Unified Color!
- HDR photography: Love it or hate it? By Nancy Thanki, CNN iReport
- Nik Discounts! HDR EFEX PRO™, VIVEZA® 2, SILVER EFEX PRO™ 2, Nik Complete Collection and more!
- Are Cameras With Built-in HDR the Future of Photography? by Josh Johnson
- HDR Express Preferences and Tips
- Review of Nik HDR Efex Pro, by Keith Cooper
- How to Shoot and Post-Process Professional HDR Photos in One Day, by Peter Tellone
- FDRtools Discounts!
- HDRtist Pro released!
- Masterclass: Produce stunning HDR images, by Chris Humphreys
- Exploring North American Landscapes by Marc Muench
- How to Shoot HDR-Friendly Photos by Bill Howard
- HDR: Pushing photography to the limit — and beyond by Robert Lachman
- FDRTools 2.4.0 Released!
- Create HDR Time-lapse Video With a Digital Camera
- Introducing the most sophisticated HDR app ever produced for iPhone 4
- Demystifying HDR Tutorial
- HDR Tip by James Brandon – Prevent Muddy Whites
- Topaz InFocus, Amazing!
- EVERIMAGING LTD Discounts, Use Code: “HDR360pro”!
- What is Tone Mapping? How does it relate to HDR?”
- Painters Tone Map by Stacey G Lloyd
- Why I Love HDR – Part 1 by Royce Howland
- HDR Books
- Why I Do HDR – A Fresh Take On A Tired Debate by James Brandon
- Topaz Labs and HDR!
- 25 Stunning HDR Photos from Marc in Madrid!
- FreeHDR™ from George DeWolfe
- Best Free High Dynamic Range (HDR) Software
- For Kodachrome Fans, Road Ends at Photo Lab in Kansas
- Jason Odell, PhD. compares HDR Efex Pro vs. Photomatix Pro
- Oloneo HDR Relight, Amazing!
- Nik Software’s HDR Efex Pro – New Guide book!
- Merry Christmas!
- HDR Photo Pro and HDR Darkroom 15% Savings! Use Code “HDR360pro”.
- NEW! Dynamic Photo-HDR 5.0
- HDR Photo Pro is Released!
- HDR Homes!
- 17 HDR Shots That Aren’t Overdone
- Free Webinar 12/16: HDR Photography from Realistic to Fantastic
- When to Create Silhouettes Instead of HDRs
- Gigapixel Resolution High Dynamic Range Imaging Workflow & Techniques
- 36 Breathtaking Examples of HDR Photography
- HDR Express, HDR Expose, and 32 Float, HDR360pro – Discounts
- HDR Darkroom | Photo realistic HDRs at lightning speed
- Unified Color Technologies ANNOUNCES IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY of HDR Express™
- Essential HDR
- Creating HDR Landscape Panoramas – Chapter 1
- What is “YoHDR!”?
- What is the Best Camera for HDR?
- HDR Video Demonstration Using Two Canon 5D mark II’s
- What is HDR?
- Beautiful HDR Photography
- Unified Color Technologies True Vision HDR Photo Contest Phase 3
- HDR Style
- Promote Control
- New DxO HDR plug-in for DxO Optics Pro soon available
- Nik HDR EFEX PRO
- HDR Express from Unified Color
- New Seitz Roundshot VR Drive “Generation 2″
- Mount Sneffels, Colorado
- Richard Sisk Productions